- Oct 27, 2017
- 1 Comments
Here are the 10 things you need to know about the internet in China:
1.Media are Control By BeijingOn February 19, 2016, China announced that it was forbidding all foreign companies to provide online content in China without prior approval. Media companies have always needed a license to operate, but today, the regulation is heightened, which means that major publishers will soon have to deliver their content via a local company.
2.Blocked sites“Great Firewall of China” blocks websites considered a threat to the security or culture of the state and tradition. This project was dubbed the “Great Firewall of China” in reference to its role as a firewall or “firewall” and the ancient Great Wall of China. The bulk of the project involves the ability to block content by preventing IP address routing. Currently blocked sites:source
3.New surfers are urbanDespite a population of 46% in rural areas, 72% of Internet users are really urban, residing in large cities.
4. The impressive growth of the Wechat userTencent one of the giants of the Chinese internet has given a quarterly report on the attendance of WeChat and the number of MAU (or number of active users per month).Based on these analyzes, the number of MAUs in the second quarter of 2016 reached 809 million. Since its launch in 2011, Wechat has steadily grown and gained a foothold in China. Below is a graph depicting its rise since the first quarter 2013:
5.Add someone on WeChatThere are several ways to add people to a WeChat contact list.
- Use of a WeChat ID.
- Contacts already on the user’s phone
- Contact lists on other networks, including QQ (Wechat messaging), Google and LinkedIn.
- Add friends or strangers physically nearby.
- Use of QR codes.
- Shake the phone to add someone else who shakes it at the same time.
6.QR codes are popular
- QR codes are used by a majority of Chinese.
- QR codes can be easily created by anyone.
- They can then be shared on the web or on paper.
- WeChat Account Tracking.
- WeChat CRM (customer relationship management)Sharing contact information.Money transfer.
- Make payments offline.
- Product history and verification
- Installation of applications
- Connect to the site.
- WIFI connection.