WeChat, as many of you most probably know, is the king of social media in China. Like WhatsApp in western countries, WeChat is the favorite instant messaging tool in China, and not only since its eco-system is much complex than that of WhatsApp. So, what we want to talk about today is the great importance of the WeChat Search Tool; what is the WeChat Search Tool; and how your cosmetic brand can do SEO to gain visibility on Wechat.
Why is so important to do WeChat SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is an important field any brand should invest in if want to be immediately found on the internet. In China, search engines guarantee less visibility than western ones, but this does not mean invest on WeChat SEO in China is ineffective. In fact, consider that:
- WeChat is the most popular app in China
- People spend more than 4 hours per day on WeChat
- WeChat related Search Engine Sogou is the second most used search engine in China (after Baidu) and is expected to close the gap in the near future
- Sogou was ranked the third most preferred mobile search engine with about 32 percent of market shares but surpassed Baidu by a wide margin in terms of the daily browsing time spent by each visitor that equaled more than 38 minutes.
- Chinese usually look for information about products, brands, and their respective official accounts or mini-program through the WeChat “Search” function
Marketing to China it’s also an Agency
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.
What is the WeChat Search Tool?
It’s a Search engine function that shows all the information present in the WeChat/Tencent environment. It is very easy to use, you just open the app and click the “Search” symbol in the upper right-hand corner.
Otherwise, you can find the search tool in the “Discover” section:
Here is the list of content that is displayed in the Wechat Search Tool:
- Official Account & Mini-Program
- Brand Zone
- Moment posts,
- H5 brochure & official Account Posts
- Products & ServicesThird-Party (Zhihu, Douban, Mafengwo, etc)
- eCommerce Link
- Wechat Chanel
How can cosmetic brands do WeChat SEO?
Cosmetics brands are among the favorite products Chinese people love to follow on social media. This because aesthetics is closely linked to this industry and cosmetics brands are used to promoting through beautiful images. Then, cosmetics brands cannot omit to use WeChat for nurturing their audience; and, if already have a WeChat strategy, cannot forget to include WeChat SEO. Also, because some operations not only are very effective but also “very free”, so it is obviously better to leverage all the available tools.
The five fundamental steps to do SEO on WeChat
#1 Optimize your Wechat account ID
The account ID must include the brand name and not include numbers or characters that make difficult the search.
#2 Set-up your Wechat Brand Zone: dedicated account space on Wechat search
Brands that own at least an Official WeChat Account can set-up a Brand Zone on WeChat. A Brand Zone is a space dedicated to a brand that appears at the top of the WeChat Search when the user digits certain keywords. According to the popularity of a brand on WeChat, this has different privileges. For example, the brand zone of a very popular brand can include a top banner, four modules, and be linked to five SEO keywords.
To be more specific, a brand can belong to categories A, B or C, and have a list of benefits according to it.
- Brands belonging to class C have daily traffic superior to 100 users, an “impression CTR” higher than 30%, a WeChat verification, and an official account registered at least 6 months before. These brands can show the logo, an introduction, and a simplified menu on their brand zone. The brand zone is linked to only one SEO keyword.
- Brands belonging to class B have daily traffic superior to 800 users and an impression CTR higher than 50%, owns a WeChat verified account, and a brand logo verification. Their official account should have a lifetime of at least one year. The brand zone of these brands can have three modules and be linked to three SEO keywords.
- Brands belonging to class A have an Official account for at least one year, a brand logo and a WeChat verification, participate in the WeChat promotion activity, traffic superior to 300 thousand, and a brand zone daily traffic higher than 800 users. Class A brands can include a top banner, four modules, and other marketing modules on their brand zone. The number of SEO keywords is five.
How to optimize the brand zone
In a Brand Zone, a brand can add links to its mini-programs, online sales channels, FAQs, live streaming content, etc. What we suggest is to show the best products and more useful information for the user. In addition, if you are a CLASS A brand, never forget to cure the aesthetic of this space.
#3 Post regular content on your Wechat official account
To continually post on WeChat with a keyword strategy is another fundamental part of your WeChat SEO. Consider that at the top of a WeChat search you will always find the most recent news, at the second place the mention of your friends, then a list of articles, channels activities, photos, videos, Sogou search engine results, and the results of other belonging to Tencent social media at the end.
#4 Have content on third-party source/channel
Never forget to do PR and collaborate with influencers. Working with other influent third parties is important since their content usually ranks high thanks to the number of views and interactions they reach. Channels, in particular, are a very powerful marketing tool. Videos are the most appreciated type of content in 2021 and live streaming even more. WeChat is experimenting the live streaming through its channels function and seems to work very well. Posts in the channel section can include links to your online store, WeChat articles, and mini-programs. A user can even complete a purchase while watching live streaming.
#5 Mini-program Linked Search
Another important result that must appear in the Brand Zone definitely is the link to the mini-program. Mini-programs are becoming more and more important to engage users.
To conclude on “How can cosmetic brands gain visibility through WeChat SEO?”
Looking at the SEO of international cosmetics brands is evident how innovation together with aesthetics are perfectly combined to gain the attention of potential customers, but not only, updating your Brand Zone or adding new spaces and tools is necessary to engage your loyal customers. Because remember that your competitors in China are surely doing it.
Do you want to know more about WeChat Marketing Strategies?
Contact Gentlemen Marketing Agency